In this era, there’s nothing more aesthetic than 2D and 3D modeling in the world. Therefore, hats off to you. Well, you might be here because you are up to create amazingly designed modeling projects, including video game patterns, architectural ideas, interior designing, landscape, or building architectural 3D blueprints. Thus, a mouse with better traction, precision, ergonomically designed, and smooth wheels leads to mark your projects done. Consequently, many professionals find it more convenient to use a mouse for SketchUp and different applications than a trackpad, which is not advised to use for SketchUp. Especially when performing a basic push and pull tool, the click/hold to extrude surfaces is necessary to ensure proper actions, while a trackpad and a mouse with less traction pad wouldn’t make your way to exceptionally designed projects. So, to help you have a comfortable and stress-free experience, I have compiled reviews on the best mouse for SketchUp. Happy scrolling to a spectacular 3D modeling experience Read more on Wikipedia
Best Mouse for Sketchup Comparison Table 2022
|3Dconnexion Cadmouse for CAD...||177 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced...||13,962 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse:...||17,712 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball...||46,060 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming...||3,007 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|Lenovo Yoga Mouse with Laser...||436 Reviews||View on Amazon|
1. 3Dconnexion Cadmouse for CAD Professionals Windows/PC
|Connection Type||USB cable|
|Dimensions||128mm x 80mm x 44mm|
Besides having an ergonomic design that fits comfortably in hand, the 3D connexion mouse has three different buttons on the top, unlike its counterparts. The CAD mouse provides ease of use when orienting actions in cad, hence mitigating wrist issues. This makes it the best mouse for 3d modeling. The scroll wheel rolls nicely to zoom in and out in cad applications. Also, the speedy scrolling applies an inertia effect on browsers and documents alike. Moreover, the middle mouse button feels great and is quite intuitive. However, some users complained that it triggered accidental zoom while they just intended to move around the viewport.
Main features of the 3Dconnexion Cadmouse
- It has a radial menu, which can be activated by clicking on the button just below the scroll wheel. This enables you to prompt four commands which can be customized to your liking.
- The mouse has an extraordinary 8200 DPI which makes traction smoother and increases design accuracy.
- It also has an advanced laser sensor and a poll rate of 1000 Hz, which makes the response rate as fast as one millisecond.
- The bigger size offers convenience and comfort and is specifically designed to simplify work for CAD professionals.
2. Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse
|Connection Type||Unifying dongle, Bluetooth|
|Dimensions||4.92 x 3.31 x 2.01 inches|
The Logitech MX Master Series recently upgraded with the launch of MX master 3. The new mouse calls out a unique scroll wheel that uses ‘Magspeed’ – a new technology that makes quieter scrolling and spins freely for smoother uninterrupted rolls. Also, it has improved ergonomics, with the convenient placement of the thumb pocket and dedicated forward and back buttons. The USB-c charger allows a quick 1-minute charge that operates for 3 hours of continuous use, with the full charge remaining for 70 days before it needs a plug-in. Also, the subtle incline enables a supinated grip improving your hold and reducing pressure on the nerves. Logitech specifically created MX master 3 for designers and engineers for an efficient workflow, making it doubtlessly the best mouse for designers in the market.
Main Features of the Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse
- The MX Master 3 has a long battery life and can go up to 70 days with a single charge.
- It has a devoted gesture button living just below the scroll wheels that activates and launches various programs and shortcuts as soon as you swipe in any one of the four specific directions.
- The software installation is simple and allows app-specific settings.
- One of the improvements in the MX 3 is the ultra-quiet scroll wheels modes, unlike the clickety-clack MX 2.
- The mouse enables flow cross-computer control, which means you can work, create, design, and move files on three different operating systems simultaneously.
3. Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse
|Dimensions||4.69 x 2.93 x 1.69 inches|
Although the Razer Naga Trinity wasn’t specifically designed to cater to CAD operators, it is an ideal tool for them. With a 16000 DPI and 5G optical sensor, the hardware has seen a prominent upgrade. The mouse includes three conveniently positioned side plates for ease of thumb placement, with 2, 7, and 12 button configurations, respectively. However, users felt that they had to rejoin the interchangeable plates several times for all buttons to work. Moreover, the price doesn’t seem to justify the plasticky and cheap-looking exterior. The customizable Chroma RGB allows artists to create exclusive designs using over 16.8 million color combinations, making it the best mouse for architects. The Razer also has 19 programmable buttons that you can map through Synapse 3. On the flip side, users reported that the software wouldn’t work without an internet connection.
Main Features of the Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse
- The trinity has topped up its optical sensor, which means improved responsiveness, less wear and tear, and enhanced traction.
- You can choose between three thumb panels, which are held by magnets but also detach effortlessly.
- The myriad of buttons offer versatility, and you can program each for separate tasks.
- Although the mouse has a unique shape, with rubber grips below both the left and right ledges, it misses a comfortable palm rest.
- The scroll wheel on the Razer rocks left and right instead of scrolling web pages and documents.
4. Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse
|Dimensions||5.71 x 1.77 x 3.74 inches|
With a well-built battery, the M570 trackball mouse can function for 18 months before requiring a recharge. The wireless device brings about ultra-comfort by enabling your arm to remain stationary while you just use your thumb to control the cursor movements. This allows lesser elbow and wrist movements and is ideal for people suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome or those who strain their arms working longer shifts. This feature on the M570, along with its ergonomic shape, makes it the best mouse for AutoCAD users. Plus, you can use the mouse in a limited space on the desk. It doesn’t read off a surface, so it will work on all surfaces, whether a carpet or a bed.
Main Features of the Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse
- Although battery life may differ from user to user, a recharge will easily last about 18 months on the trackball mouse.
- With precision cursor control, you do not need to worry about the work surface. It works just as well on uneven surfaces.
- Whether you are surfing the web or navigating through AutoCAD, you get increased control and traction with the dedicated forward and backward navigation buttons plus an integrated scroll wheel.
5. Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
|Connection type||USB cable, Wireless|
|Dimensions||5.51 x 3.66 x 8.31 inches|
Although Logitech G700 is a gaming mouse, it performs well with Sketchup. Due to ergonomic design and shape, the mouse moves like a dream, making it perfect for continuous hours of use. In hand, the mouse gives a premium feel, apart from the grooves for the thumb and ring finger that take a while to get used to. On the contrary, g700 stands out for its plethora of programmable buttons and its robust software. However, the wheel spin-clicks on the mouse are sometimes quirky and lack resistance, resulting in untimely scroll movements. The most outstanding feature of the Logitech g700s seems to be its in-built memory, which enables automated storage, which means that the mouse will not forget the customized multi-key macros while running other computer programs. Thanks to this, you can set up to 5 profiles on the mouse and switch between them with a mere click.
Main Features of the Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
- The 13 programmable buttons allow multi-key macros and better control options.
- Logitech mouse comes with wireless charging options, which means you can use it anywhere with convenience.
- Its tactile buttons along the left edge of the mouse aid in accuracy while drawing on the Sketchup software. This makes it the best 3D mouse for Sketchup.
- The portability of the g700s, along with its onboard memory, makes it ideal for both work and home.
6. Lenovo Yoga Mouse with Laser Presenter
|Connection Type||Wireless, Bluetooth|
|Dimensions||3.59 x 2.25 x 0.55 inches|
The Lenovo Yoga presenter mouse is a dual-purpose mouse, with one side featuring a standard mouse and a laser remote on the other. With an adjustable DPI from 800 to 1600, the cursor glides on your screen with ease. If you own this two-in-one device, you no longer need to carry two tools – a mouse and a presenter for your office needs. Besides, the slim and sleek design enhances portability. Not only it connects to several devices at once, but with its two modes of connectivity, it outranks the MS arc. With a solid and sturdy build, it twists and moves smoothly without any glitches. All these and more features make the Lenovo Yoga hands down be termed as the best mouse for Solidworks.
Main Features of the Lenovo Yoga Mouse with Laser Presenter
- Allows pairing with multiple devices at a time with its dual mode.
- It also connects easily with Bluetooth and Microsoft swift pair.
- Thanks to its built-in rechargeable battery, it has a fast charge and rarely runs out of power.
- The mouse has an integrated class 1 laser that allows ease of use.
Collating the discussion on the best mouse for SketchUp, I hope you might have found a mouse that best suits your particular requirements. However, my top pick is Logitech M570 that comes with increased battery timings, improved traction, smooth surfing experience as well as better cursor movement for 3D modeling. Lastly, I wish you the best of luck in your future searches. If you have any query related to mouse selection and others drop a text in the comment section, we try to contact as soon as possible. Read Also About Best mouse for Carpal tunnel prevention